We trust all is well and everyone is staying healthy. We just wanted to pass along some updates and information. You should have received this from your team coach and/or manager, but in case you missed it!
- As you all know, FYSA announced that suspension we are suspended from play until April 12th.
- That remains in place, and we will continue to communicate with you on updates throughout this process.
- We will rely on expert public health advice from organizations like the CDC, NIH and WHO in making this decision on when we are cleared to play.
Free Health Call In-Line:
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital & Memorial Healthcare System has offered Parkland Soccer Players FREE virtual appointments via the MemorialDocNow app in an effort to provide healthcare services to the community during this time.
- In the meantime, as we are all adjusting to virtual school, working from home, and getting the kids on a routine, we are providing you with videos, written workouts, assignments, and other information that the players can use to keep up to date with their soccer workouts and learning.
- The information is all available at the www.parklandtravelsoccer.com website. You can click on the box labeled, “Skills”, for example and watch skill moves that your player can work on.
- The weekly Assignments and Workouts are downloadable in .pdf. We will continue to update on a weekly basis. Some coaches may also have assigned different projects for their players as well.
- We recommend that the training and activities be done on a consistent routine, for example daily from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm. Players are encouraged to keep a journal of their activities.
Webinars | On-line Video Chats:
- We have met virtually with the PSC coaching staff.
- Coaches will be reaching out to teams should be organizing a chat, and talking to the players. Some teams have initiated the chats via Zoom, an on-line communication tool, in an effort to keep our players engaged.
- Some have choose Team Snap and text messages as well.
Share With us | Let's Stay Connected:
- Please share your video, assignment, and activities that your players submit so that we can all share and stay connected.